Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 21

Shame on me for not posting the last two days; they were very busy days. Yesterday was Child Dedication Day at our church and our 4 year celebration and it was fantastically fun!

Today was Pure Cardio! YIKES! I was sweating in places I didn't know you could sweat. This week I decided to take it up a notch and push harder. Next week is Recovery week, so it seemed like a good idea to amp it up the week before recovery (and we'll be out of town that week visiting family, too). I now I have a much better sense of the form I need to have while performing the exercises and it makes all the difference. 

The first few weeks he kept saying keep your core tight and I had no idea what that felt like to know if my flabby core was tight or not, but now I do. My muscles are getting stronger and I'm building stamina. I still can't always keep up with Shaun T and his minions (lol). So, don't feel bad if you can't either. I also take LOTS of breaks and go back to the exercise we were doing. 

Today, I made an amazing recover shake: Key Lime Pie!
In honor of the pretty warm Tennessee Spring weather, I'm sharing!

So, here it is:
-FitJourneyMom

KEY LIME PIE SHAKE:

1 scoop Vanilla protein powder (I'm using Muscle Milk)

1 cup Organic Whole milk (trust me if you are cutting calories daily to lose weight then you really need full fat milk- your body loves it)

4 tablespoons Lime juice

1 tablespoon cream cheese pudding mix

1/2 teaspoon coconut extract

graham cracker to crumble a little garnish (ooh, a lime wedge would be good if you had one)

(if you'd like it to be green you can add food coloring OR spinach)

ADD ice cubes to make it thick and yummy 

ENJOY! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment